Laundry Day in Chefchaouen. Here we see some people washing carpets in the river, which flows down from the mountain. I drank some of the spring water and it was amazing. I've always found bottled water disappointing because it doesn't taste like it comes from the place depicted on the label (probably because it didn't.) Chefchaouen spring water delivers.

I am somehow lacking a good overall photo of this section of town. It's sort of like a big valley with the river running through it, and some pretty pathways, bridges and such.
After our tour, we hiked up to to the abandoned mosque that overlooks the town. They're planning to turn what's left of it into a little art museum, which is a nice idea, but I'm glad I got to see it in its original state.
See that little pointy thing on the hillside? That's the minaret.
The view of Chefchaouen from the path up to the mosque. (That's a lot of prepositions. Sorry)
Behold, donkeys. There are many of them in Morocco, and these donkey owners were happy to give Alex a ride.
Panoramic shot of part of the town and the backside of the mosque, along with a few stray CIEE people.
The entrance to the narrow stairwell up to the top of the minaret.
I don't have any photos of the mosque itself, or any taken from the top of the minaret. I think my camera died. I'll go track down someone else's photos and post them, probably tomorrow my time.









Hi Claire,
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if you ever got the email I sent you regarding a form you need to fill out. If you get a chance, send me and email letting me know.
Thanks,
Emily
The panoramic shot of the town is probably my favorite of the bunch. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete